Wednesday, February 26, 2014

How Will You Live Your Dash?


 Hey Everyone!
It has been too long, I've missed you! I've been pretty busy lately, leaving little time for updating the blog. I'm hoping to get back into the swing of posting every day for you guys! So I don't have a look post today but instead a post about what I did on Saturday. This past Saturday I got to be apart of the annual dance marathon at my school for the fourth year in a row. The event raises money through donations for the kids at Riley Children's Hospital here in Indianapolis. The people that attend have to stand for the six hour event while doing fun activities, listening to testimonials from patients, and learning a goofy line dance to perform at the end of the day. I personally love dance marathon because of the way so many people donate their time, effort, and money into something so selfless. At last year's dance marathon there was a question asked by one of the speakers that I will never forget, he asked "How will you live your dash?", as in the dash between your birthdate and the day you die. I think about this almost every day. My answer is probably similar to a lot of other people's, I want to live my dash positively effecting others around me and surrounded by people that will help me be the best version of myself. My expectations for myself aren't the loftiest but sometimes I feel myself falling short of how I want to be living. Days like dance marathon remind me that I have the ability to do great things and that even the smallest of actions can make an impact alone or be apart of something greater. I think that is something for all of us to remember. So if you have never thought about it before think about it now, how will you live your dash?
XO,
Madeline K
The amount raised for Riley Children's Hospital by the end of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment